7.16.2012

midnight


12am seems like the perfect time to start writing.
So, today is now officially July 16th, a brand new day. Odd, how minutes ago it was the end of something and just like that it’s now something new. I wasn’t really prepared to appreciate this, newness. The thought kind of stresses me out. Did I appreciate July 15th 2012 enough? Because I’ll never see that day again, but I suppose it’s just a day, in a year.
What if the date changed in the middle of everyday instead? 12pm instead of 12am? I would think it would be mostly confusing. Mostly for scheduling purposes, which is personally important to me. I like that we go to bed and wake up to a new day, not just new because we woke up, but because there’s a real number to it. A date. Set by math. The international language of no dispute.
However, as I sit here grateful that humans are diurnal, I find myself having a date with my laptop in the middle of the night. I must admit, the night is beautifully mysterious. So here I am flirting with it.
And.. I do believe that’s the extent of which I share this intimacy. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment