10.17.2011

the occasional indulgence

I went to the store tonight for yogurt since I have been eating really healthy now that I have a kitchen and a consistent place of residency. Not only have I been eating healthy but I've been able to go back to my wheat-free ways realizing that there was in fact a reason I cut it out of my diet in the first place. But something came over me during todays grocery store visit, not only was I going to rebel from my healthy past five days, but also against my stupid wheat intolerant gut. I was going to buy a whole packet of cookies and eat the whole thing without any sense of guilt, and that I did.
Sometimes you need to eat an entire packet of cookies. Not just one, two or even three. You need to eat the entire thing. Even when you get the to the last few and you're feeling satisfied, you need to finish the whole damn thing for the sake of doing so.
 It's extremely liberating. 

I totally recommend doing that every once in awhile, whatever your lifestyle restriction is. Maybe you're a person of weekend errands and activities, I dare you to do absolutely nothing on a Saturday instead. Yea, nothing. Like stay in your sweats and watch Disney movies all day. Yea, I freaking dare you. Or you're a super awesome committed college student that swears off anything fun until after finals? Not only do I challenge you to go have a drink or five during the term, but on a Tuesday. YEA, do it.

You won't..

No comments:

Post a Comment